Friends, the coldest time of year has arrived, and Christmas is just around the corner. So, we had to share this soothing, warming, delightful Lemon Chai recipe with you! This chai replaces our usual recipe at the office when the days get shorter and colder. Consider this recipe is our gift to you, because it is perfect for cold winter days and it is so soothing on a sore throat if you are battling a cold or flu!
Try it out and tell us what you think!
- 2 Cups Water
- 2 Tsp Black or Green Tea
- Ginger and Black Peppercorns (to taste if you want to add some spice)
- 1 Tbs Lemon Juice
- 2 Tsp Honey
Let’s make Lemon Chai!
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Once boiling, turn down the heat and add 2 teaspoons of black or green tea.
- Add the fresh grated ginger to the pot.
- Optional: If you like your tea with a bit of spice, add 2-3 black peppercorns with the tea leaves.
- Let the tea steep for 1 minute.
- Add lemon juice and honey, stirring well. Then strain the chai into your favorite mug.
- Now sit back, relax, and enjoy your chai!!